My Childhood Nickname

I sure didn't know that the fellow at church who nicknamed me when I was a little girl, and that I would give that title to my blog one day. I used to not like it when he would tease me, now I offer those "candykisses" and hugs to my children each day.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Changes!

Wow! Has it really been since the last part of June since I blogged anything at all. Trying to get into a new routine and change can be so hard. Hard for all of us at times. This past summer became a season for me to grow. A time for me to spend with my children and a time for me to reflect on my own life. God has been with me every step of the way through all of these changes that our family has been faced with. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who has supported me through it all. He knows me best sometimes and knows exactly what I need even before I know myself. I really thought that I could do the stay at home mom thing, and I really wanted to try to make it work. I prayed for patience, peace, & wisdom. God revealed those things to me sometimes when I least expected them. I was struggling with depression as I became a stay at home mom this summer. Many moms can do it, so I thought I could to, but truth is, I was struggling more & more than ever. I am so thankful for the time I spent with them, and I am so thankful for God revealing some areas in my life that I needed to improve on. In fact, seems like he shows me those daily, I just seem to ignore them. Often times when I pray for God's help, I never know how he will help me. I have my own ways that I think he should follow. So thankful he doesn't listen to me. It always amazes me how he cares & looks after me. If I would just give him more control, and allow his ways to become my ways. We were also struggling a bit financially with trying to raise three children. We started to pray about what we could do & what else we could cut from the budget. We soon realized our needs list was only getting longer. We started praying about whether I should return to work. We were not sure, since I have still been struggling with some health issues & Cara still small. I started praying for God to reveal his plan & in his timing. I started looking for a job and filled out my application online at the local hospital. Not really looking to hard just yet. Thought I would just do it & pray. I applied on Monday, received a call on Wednesday for an interview & went that day for it, and was offered the job the following day, then I accepted it on Friday. I really felt such peace through the whole thing, knowing God was still in control. Now as for the change part, we have been forced rather quickly to adapt to a new schedule just in time for school to start and for all of the activities that surround it. We pray that you will continue to pray for us as changes have came about so quickly for our family & that we may all ease into our new routine soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Candy...stay at home mom does not equal good mom! Working moms are great moms!!! I have so much respect for moms who work all day and care for their families and homes all night!! And I totally understand how you feel--been there!!!
    I hope and pray that you all adjust quickly to the changes--I know you will!! Congratulations on the new job and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete