My Childhood Nickname

I sure didn't know that the fellow at church who nicknamed me when I was a little girl, and that I would give that title to my blog one day. I used to not like it when he would tease me, now I offer those "candykisses" and hugs to my children each day.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

SPF 50 Protection

My husband just returned home from a trip to Walmart after purchasing our second can of aerosol SPF 50 Sunscreen. Wow! How cool! Wish I would have thought of that sooner. Last summer we had the kind that sprays on leaving a white spray, then you rub it in. This new can that he brought home doesn't even have to be rubbed in. You just spray it on whenever you need protection from the sun. Wow! Now I'm a busy mom, and anything that shortens my time of having to rub down my kiddos with sunscreen I am all for. Little did I know today, that the insides of my house needed to be protected from the sun. My 3 year old has managed to use an entire can of it all over my master bathroom. Oh, how there are many days I long for a little more protection. If I could protect my kids from many of the things of this world. If I could just grab that can at any moment and spray away the evil! I would be super mom! After all the can says "Protection for the entire family". As I sent my little boy off to kindergarten this past year, I sure didn't know the tough things he would face. He faced some bullying already at the young age of 5. Wow, my momma bear instincts would kick in many days and I sure wanted to protect him as I was dropping him off for school. I would give him a hug & kiss and say "I love you, buddy" & "Have a great day". I sure didn't know what kinds of things he would face that day, but I knew I could pray for him while he was there. I know there may come a day when he won't want me to give him those daily hugs & kisses as I drop him off. That can of SPF 50 can't protect my son or daughter from the evil one. We can only teach them the skills to equip them. Until that time, I will continue to pray for my children & for their protection from the evil one.

Pray for protection from the evil one in each area of their life-spiritual, emotional, and physical. John 17:15

2 comments:

  1. While I was working on this post, and had it in draft mode, about two days ago, I sent my children to our fenced in backyard to play on the slipper slide. Little did I know, that an hour or so later I would see a police suspect hiding in my back yard. I am so glad it turned out for the good, because it could have easily turned out differently. I will continue to pray for my children's protection and I am so thankful he protected us that day. (yes, they did catch him!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all we can do Candy!! Believe me with 6 children at all different stages of life, I know this all too well!!! I am a mama bear as well! It's so hard to know when to step in and protect and when to sit back and let them learn the tough lessons themselves!! Glad you're there for them!!!!

    ReplyDelete