My Childhood Nickname

I sure didn't know that the fellow at church who nicknamed me when I was a little girl, and that I would give that title to my blog one day. I used to not like it when he would tease me, now I offer those "candykisses" and hugs to my children each day.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Post-it Notes!

I recently became a stay at home mom, not by my plan, but God's. Sometimes God's plan is way bigger than mine. A friend told me the other day she wished God would just leave little post it notes everywhere telling her of the future or what will happen next. I love my little Cara, who is now 10 months old (our 3rd child, by surprise), but only if God would have left me that Post-it note of how she would change our lives. My husband and I struggled for 8 1/2 years with infertility then to blessed with 3 beautiful children. Caleb Matthew is 6 and will be in the first grade, Cailyn Marie is 3 and will go to preschool soon, and 10 month old Cara Madolyn. As I reflect back on those 8 1/2 years of pain and struggles of so desperately wanting a child that we thought we would never have. I am amazed at how God can bless me far beyond what I could ever imagine. He definitely knew what he was doing all along, and still does. He knew the next 8 years of our lives would be so busy that the 8 1/2 years my husband and I had together preparing for them would strengthen our marriage. Many nights when I climb into bed, well after the last load of laundry is folded and the dishes are done, he gives me a hug & kiss knowing that I am the mom of his 3 children and I get to do it all again tomorrow. No matter how tired or worn out I am, I do what I do, because I am a busy mom of three now and I know God perfectly planned it that way. He doesn't have to leave me Post-it notes, I just have to "note" who is control of my life each day.

2 comments:

  1. I think one day we'll look back and see that He did leave us notes. Some are just not as obvious as others. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

    If we had a God that our human minds were able to fully understand, He wouldn't be worth submitting our lives to, right?

    Love the name of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Candy! Welcome to the world of blogging. Great first post. Makes me wonder just how many post-it notes I've had and didn't pay attention to. I'm sure He has a lot more for me.

    ReplyDelete