My Childhood Nickname

I sure didn't know that the fellow at church who nicknamed me when I was a little girl, and that I would give that title to my blog one day. I used to not like it when he would tease me, now I offer those "candykisses" and hugs to my children each day.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Washable Markers

Seems as if summer is in full swing at our house. The kids somehow seem to be bored already. Keeping them occupied while I try to get supper ready sometimes can be a chore itself. We have nifty chalkboard placemats on our table to keep them busy as I try to focus on keeping supper from burning and the kids all at the same time. Last night I resorted to the stack of scrap paper to doodle on and markers when the fighting over the eraser for the placemats became an issue. My 3 year old decided to remove herself from the kitchen after telling her brother "I don't like you, your'e not sharing, I'm going to the other room!" Sometimes it's hard as a mom to distinguish when I should intervene and when I shouldn't. Thinking she was content, I continued making supper. Little did I know how content she was with that green marker. She must have had that "green with envy" feeling, I suppose. She made nice green circles all over the beige carpet and my beige couch. Beige carpet and couch were pre-kids might I add. I've been busily ever since try to remove what my daughter so nicely put on the two very large canvases. I have managed to get both of them to a lighter shade of green, but not permanently gone. It sure got me to thinking how grateful I am for the cross. He can take all my sin, and just wash it away. No magic eraser, clorox, or oxiclean. Gone! Not even the slightest stain is left behind. My heart knows I'm forgiven, but my head has a hard time remembering that the sin is "permanently" gone. I can't begin to tell of the many times I have failed as a wife, mom, daughter, or as a friend. One thing I do know is that I have a heavenly father who loves me, no matter how I have failed. I am so thankful he doesn't keep track of them either. For now I will just be content with my light shade of green carpet and couch as they are a reminder to me of his forgiveness when I see them.


"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment